Here is my new yarn purchase to add to my stash. It is Manos silk blend. One of my favorite yarn companies.
I purchased it at Canvas Works in Olympia WA. Every Mother's Day weekend they have a sale and I go down to visit my son and shop with my sister at the crazy sale. It is very popular and hard to choose what you want. They carry yarn and fabric including hardware and notions.
I believe I will use it for a shawl in a bit of a lace pattern. I also bought some Shot Cottons by Westminster. I will show photos soon when I get to using them.
We had a nice weekend in Olympia. Beautiful weather and great company.
Tricia
Pretty color. What will you use it for?
ReplyDeleteI have 7 skiens and think it will be a wrap or shawl. It is really lucious in person with silk and merino wool.
ReplyDeleteThat yarn photographs well. Some year it would be fun if Nicole could be part of our tradition of yarn & fabric shopping. I look forward to it every year. I like to I-max movie part also.
ReplyDeletePlease include me! While I'm no textile artist, perhaps I will get ideas for a new painting, and the company would be welcome. Glad you had a good weekend. With my work situation changing dramatically, I find I have time for a life again, and I'm missing all of you.
ReplyDeleteMother's day in Olympia!
ReplyDelete